RAYSE THE GAME
Motivational Study Skills Seminar
Do you need an outside voice to lift and motivate your students?
Book the Seminar
Get the Gig
Motivate your Students
Here’s the truth: today’s teens are more anxious.
Recent reports suggests that anxiety levels in Gen Z students have gone up by 113% in the last two years.
The pandemic has taken its toll. Have your students fallen behind? Do they lack basic study skills? Do they lack that inner fire? Are they struggling to motivate themselves? Do they lack resilience? Do they tend to give up quicker and in many cases require teachers to ‘spoon feed’?
This Generation known as Gen Z need something different.
This is why you need RAYSE THE GAME.
Demotivation just met its match: RAYSE THE GAME. Every day, parents and teachers tell me they want their children and students to be more engaged, take more of an interest in their schoolwork and that stress is a normal part of life.
- How can I get them to be more motivated?
- How do I get them off the phone?
- How can I get them to see that what they do in school is important.
- They are so quiet and flat in class.
This is why you need an outside voice to lift and motivate your students!
What we’ll cover
Mindset and Motivation
According to Dr William Stixrud and Ned Johnson in their acclaimed bestseller The Thriving Child, “a low sense of control is enormously stressful and that autonomy is key to developing motivation.” This philosophy called Self-Determination Theory is at the heart of the RAYSE THE GAME programme. Each seminar contains:
- Motivational mantras
- Strategies to create small wins
- Growth mindset philosophy to nurture drive
One of the keys to exam and school success is to have a study plan. We call our study plan the Game Plan and this sets out exactly our goals and what a student needs to do to achieve success rapidly and concisely. This will ensure your teen has:
- Clear goals and targets
- Be more focused and driven
- Created a timeline to help them look at the big picture beyond school which helps create motivation and drive
- Be more organised and future orientated
30-Minute Study Sprint
Here students will learn how to do a 30-minute study sprint. This will have a big impact on their ability to overcome procrastination and overwhelm by being able break subjects down into small manageable chunks. Here your teen will learn:
- Why 30 minutes is so powerful in terms of productivity
- My exact formula on how to rip through a topic in less than 30-minutes
- How to speed read and pick out key information and decipher what is important versus what is not important
- Why annotating is more powerful than highlighting
- To save hours of wasted time writing out notes and be able to create my powerful 1-page summaries called WHIZGRIDZ
- How to organise each subject by focusing on hot topics
- My study success formula for exam success
Time and Productivity
Most students do not know how to organise themselves in terms of their materials and time. Many sit in their room for hours and don’t know how to make this time count. They might be working hard but they are not getting the pay off in terms of exam results for the amount of time invested. In this part of the programme your teen will learn:
- Key organisation skills and how to organise their materials, space and time
- How long you should spend on homework versus study
- How to time block and be more efficient with their time so busy students will be less stressed and more confident coming up to exams
- My morning routine so they can get up early and start achieving quickly
1 in 3 teenagers today has some form of anxiety disorder. 67% of young people get very anxious around exam time and this can inhibit exam performance. In this section each student will learn my powerful 3-Second Turnaround Technique to manage their thinking and anxiety more effectively resulting in a calmer mind and a more confident student.
What makes RAYSE THE GAME different:
- We specialise in GROUP EVENTS taking full year groups
- We combine education and education to create EDUTAINMENT
- Students love our HIGH ENERGY approach featuring music, videos, games and energisers.
Book a Rayse the Game programme and get two additional bonus programmes
Parent Pep Talk – how to ‘rayse’ resilient teens
Parental anxiety is at an all-time high. Many parents feel lost, overwhelmed, anxious, and desperate. Delivered through Zoom, our Parents Pep Talk is a lively engaging, informative and positive keynote.
The focus is to explore why Gen Z today are the most anxious teenagers ever, why parents are contributing to this anxiety and strategies to help parents help their teens be more resilient, less anxious and more motivated.
Parents come away with a real sense of positivity, empowerment, and reassurance.
Teacher Team Talk
Today teachers are faced with increased pressure, workload and parental expectation. In this keynote, Ray will share the 7 Strategies for Extreme Self-Care to help your staff manage themselves, their time, relationships, and heightened expectations so your staff can protect and manage their stress and wellbeing more effectively.